Here's The Thing About Yoga

I always practiced yoga, but via pop sugar and I was always lazy so I never really got into the practice.

A month ago when I saw a free yoga class on the mainland and decided to join.




Over the last 3 classes I have learnt a lot - massive growth on my part.

I decided at the beginning of July that I'll no longer engage in home exercises and I have been able to follow through.

Here are few things about yoga that totally makes real life easier for me.

Knowing what makes you comfortable

One pose might be hard but there's always a way that you can make it comfortable and stick to it. It's usually just called variations or modifications & that's like compromise in real life. You find your comfort and make it work. Not every time do as I say.

Finding your Stability

My right leg is better off the ground... I really can't stand for longer that 30secs on it alone... but over the last 3classes I can achieve 2mins and then 5mins on the left leg. I now know that one leg is doing better than the other my stability is recognized

Recognizing your Weakness


I also have a bad knee, actually both knees got bad when I used to do dead lifts and walking lunges. Knowing that helps me learn my limits.

Breathing
Breathing will help you with many things - just breathe and calm down.

Going at your Own Pace

Stop looking at others, stop using them to measure your pace.

I'm happy about yoga and who it allows me to be... yoga is my calm what's yours?




PS: I drink water in all my photos - because I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Come To You As A Woman

About Short Vacations, Turning 21 Again and Other Stories.

Memoirs Of A 21 Year Old Virgin - Something Happened Pt. 2