Things I learnt while Visiting Benin(Cotonou & Porto-Novo)

You know how late at night in Lagos you can taste the pollution from Beatdown cars and landfill dumps? Well I got sick and tired of it and went to a happier and less expensive place

Here are a few things I took away from the trip. 

Lagos is so congested that normal cities feel weird.




There is hardly any traffic because of not enough cars on the road, I wasn’t in traffic and it felt weird. People didn’t randomly play music on the road and there aren’t too many people there. The air was fresh and my mind was at peace.

I Take My money in Dollars, Pounds or Naira:





Money really has no value if it’s not dollars or pounds, each time I had to pay for something it was like playing monopoly.  No offense.

Okada is the New Taxi:

They have maybe 10 taxis in Total. Kekenoir is the taxi and private vehicle. I really went to a club and the parking lot was full of Okada, that’s what the big boys drive. Stress!

Wi-Fi isn’t scarce:
 

Wi-Fi is a necessary commodity. Tariffs must be really cheap because everyone has WiFi.

Fuel is a road side item:


They sell fuel like it’s groundnut oil, I didn’t find up to 10 filling stations. They sell fuel o the road like kerosene. My mum always used to say it but seeing is believing.

I don’t like to try new meals: 


Give me chicken give me chips and I’m alright. No need for trying the meals in this city, please. Maybe when I got to Italy or France.


For very hotel you see there are 5 Pharmacies: 

Pharmacies were at every corner and junction. I saw maybe 3 hospitals in total.

It's only in Nigeria we don't spend our coins. 



At the end of the day, the best part about traveling is that everywhere reminds you of somewhere. It felt like Home while I was at Benin. I visited Porto-Novo and Cotonou during my stay and didn't know until I was writing this article that Porto-Novo is the capital, because it was like the little village while Cotonou was the big city.

See some photos below:








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Come To You As A Woman

Memoirs Of A 21 Year Old Virgin - Something Happened Pt. 2

About Short Vacations, Turning 21 Again and Other Stories.