Let's Review My 2017 Goals, What Was Done and What are The Plans for 2018.

Let's review the article I wrote last year about my goals for 2017.

All parts of the 2016 article is in italics, my updated comments are not.

Enjoy!

Like every new month, a new week and new chapter in my life, I set realistic goals for myself. That's why I'm a big fan of new year resolutions. This year I have set some major goals for myself.

In 2015, my major goal was to finish uni and get a job at cool FM - which I did.

In 2016, It was to finish NYSC, Build relationships, get my first full-time job and develop a saving culture.  - I did.

In 2017:  My career growth, Body & Wellness and my Finances. Career is blossoming, Body is sexy but not fit and Finances are getting by.

We all talked about saving 1k daily to reach a goal of 365k by the end of the year - That didn't happen, I saved and got myself a phone and stopped saving after.

2017 Resolutions -
HOW DID IT GO

Body & Wellness - I took my skin seriously, I stopped working out in April, I did Yoga till about July.

I started working out (again) on the 10th of October this year, and I haven't stopped since. Every day no matter how lazy I get I manage to do 20 squats and 10 lunges - just for consistency.

Next year, I want to take fitness more seriously, even if I start from 30mins daily I still want to have a better body than I already do. I have joined some really cool workout challenges so I just might be fully reliant on that next year.

This was my #blackgirlmagic year, moreover, I don't feel like I did anything to make my skin better - so I'll start exfoliating every week, going to the spa once every quarter.

Finances - Didn't save 1k a day or 30k a month, bought myself something every month, broke down my finances properly.

This is "spoil you 2017 " for me, I have decided to use 10% of my monthly income to buy myself something nice till the end of the year.

I have also concluded to save 30k every month to make up for my 1k a day saving I missed this year.

I'll break down my finances into Necessities, Wants and Savings - that's how I plan to take my finance more seriously.

My career growth - Got two new jobs last year, currently working as an digital account manager, taking a google course, radio show didn't happen yet.

2016 took a different turn for me career wise, never even knew I would make money from writing and here I am. So, I will like to improve my writing skills next year.

I want to take an online course this year to improve my skills. Some of the skills include; better use of CS6, Better Video editing skills and more in that related field.

I'll also like to get a part time segment on a radio show - as that's what I have always wanted to do.

Bonus: I would really like to go on my first vacation next year and that's a bonus goal I'm setting for myself.  - Went on two vacations within west Africa

I really want a new car this year as well. - Didn't happen

I won't be looking for love this year - but if it comes the person must be ready to get married by the next election. - Was in a relationship from January to December

I hope that this motivates you to set realistic and achievable goals for yourself.




Going into 2018, what exactly is the plan.



This year has a lot of similarities to the last, I have set a foundation for this year since last year, it's really basic what I plan to do.

Travel more, save more: I'll be saving so much thus year to fulfill my bad habits. I want to be in a new country every quarter of the year, or be doing some new adventure.

Go to school again: I'm taking some course but the TKO will be do a full on course in a Uni, get an Msc.

Get an extra source of income: I need to get a side hustle so I can spend the money made from it recklessly... and also to sharpen my skills.

Mental and Physical Health: I'll be joining a gym in March, and just following through fro the rest of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Come To You As A Woman

Memoirs Of A 21 Year Old Virgin - Something Happened Pt. 2

About Short Vacations, Turning 21 Again and Other Stories.